BEHIND THE VISOR - SCOTT ANDREWS - PROFILE
Hailing from the beautiful southern coastline and sun drenched beaches of Torquay in Australia, Scott Andrews is currently racing in the United States and Australia.
In 2016 Scott has already competed in one of the world's toughest endurance races - The Liqui Moly 12 Hour - held at the iconic Bathurst race track in Australia. Driving a Lamborghini Gallardo, he competed against an internationally recognized field which included the world's best GT drivers an international marques.
At 25 years of age, Scott is a well rounded racing car driver with a professional, dedicated, yet relaxed approach to his racing.
As he matures Scott brings new wealth of experience to his racing.
HEIGHT: 5'10" (177cm)
WEIGHT: 154lb (70kg)
EYE COLOUR: Hazel
HOMETOWN: Torquay, AUS
RESIDES: Melbourne, AUS / White Lake, NY, USA
HOBBIES: Karting, Guitar & Music, Sim Racing, Fishing
DID YOU KNOW:
Scott is the youngest pole winner and race winner in an Australian V8 Commodore Cup category at 18 years.
Scott holds many world records on racing simulators including iRacing and LFS. He once held the 3rd most world records in the world for a single driver in LFS.
Scott also holds a degree in Music Business and Sound Engineering.
'its a toss up between Laguna Seca, CA and Bathurst, Australia,
...both are world class tracks and both are similar in the corkscrew section and in their elevation changes,
...they can be are very unforgiving but amazing when you get it all right'
Racing History Timeline:
- Go Karting Multiple race wins in numerous junior and senior categories and championships.
- Competed selected rounds of the Australian Commodore Cup Series.
- Won youngest pole winner of that class.
- First V8 Supercar Test in Greg Murphy’s old “Lap of the Gods” car prepared by TaG Motorsports.
- Competed in the full Australian Commodore Cup Series finishing 4th and winning Rookie of the Year.
- Won 4 pole positions, 2 race wins, multiple round podiums and numerous race podiums.
- Competed in the F1600 Formula Ford State Series, finishing 5th after missing two races. Won 4 pole positions, 9 race wins and numerous fastest race laps.
- Won the prestigious “Island Magic”.
- Secured a factory prepared Formula Ford Duratec test day by Borland Racing Development.
- Secured a V8 Supercar DVS test prepared by Greg Murphy Motorsport.
- Secured a Formula 3 test prepared by team BRM.
- Qualified 2nd and won the opening race of the Bathurst 12 Hour support class in F1600 in a field of over 40 cars.
- Selected rounds of Australian National Formula Ford with a best finish of 3rd place at the Phillip Island V8 Supercar round.
- Finished 6th on debut at the Qantas Australian Grand Prix
- Qualified fastest, won 2 races and set a lap record in the Perth National F1600 race at Barbagello.
- Finished 2nd at the TaG CIK Stars of Karting Victorian Title
- Made International racing debut in the USF2000 series at Laguna Seca, immediately posting fastest times in official practice and finishing top 6 on debut.
- Won Winton 300 in Division 4 after running inside the top 6 outright.
- Competed in the USF2000 Road to Indy WinterFest Championship.
- Finished 7th after a DNF with two 4th place finishes after fighting for a podium
1ST PLACE CHAMPION: United States F1600 Formula F Championship Series - en route to taking championship, Scott collected a series record of: 7 wins, 14 podiums, 3 pole positions and 1 track record.
1ST PLACE CHAMPION: Al Craighead Memorial Can-Am Cup at Tire Motorsports Park (Ontario, Canada) in the Toyo Tires F1600 Championship Series - 2 wins, 2 pole positions and track record at Calabogie Motorsports Park, Ontario, Canada
SPECTRUMSCHOLARSHIP WINNER: 2015 Spectrum International Scholarship recipient - from a world wide field - represented Spectrum and Australia, racing at the Walter Hayes Trophy race at Silverstone Circuit, UK - 3rd overall in a field of more than 125 competitors.
1ST PLACE CHAMPION: - Bathurst F1600 trophy - overall round + Race Two winner - won against field of 50, F1600 entries.
2016 - Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour Endurance race - Lamborghini Gallardo